Texas July 07, 2015
20 Things Every True Texan Has Done At Least Once
In a Texan’s life, there are some things he or she will experience that just wouldn’t be the same anywhere else. There’s probably a lot more I could mention, but a purebred Texan will have fond memories of doing all these things at least once.
1) Been hiking in the woods and never wanted to leave the glorious peace and quiet of the forest.
2) Gone fishing to catch yourself a nice supper.
3) Been to the State Fair of Texas and tried all things fried and delicious, plus rode the giant ferris wheel.
4) Gone camping in the great Texas wilderness underneath our stars so big and bright.
5) Visited the massive pink blob we all know as our beloved Enchanted Rock.
6) Spent an entire day at the best waterpark in the world and had a total blast.
7) Speaking of water, you've tubed at least one river in Texas because you know there's no better way to spend a summer day!
8) You've waited in long lines for a plate of good ol' fashioned pit-smoked BBQ, and it was totally worth it.
9) Soaked up some sun at the beach, and even if we don't have the best beaches, you still appreciate them because at least it's water.
And if we're grateful for anything in Texas, it's the fact that we have ample water sources here.
10) Eaten at our favorite fast food joint on multiple occasions and didn't have any regrets about it.
11) Worn shorts and a tank top in the winter, and maybe even got a bit of a tan.
12) Been to a swimming hole, and you know exactly which one this is. (And have probably been a few times yourself)
13) Gone muddin'.
14) Toured the historic Alamo and walked along the riverwalk in San Antonio.
15) Gone on a family roadtrip and realized just how huge our state really is.
16) While on those roadtrips, you stopped here for beaver nuggets, a T-shirt that says "Peace, love, and beaver nuggets," and to use the cleanest bathrooms in the world, of course.
17) You may not own a horse, but you've ridden one at least once in your life.
18) You've had this wonderful creation called beer, and wondered how anyone could ever hate the stuff.
19) You've also had Dr Pepper and wondered the exact same thing.
20) You've gotten up early to watch the sun rise and realized just how blessed you are to live in such a beautiful state.
What other things has every true Texan done at least once?