Texas April 05, 2016
15 Ways To Have The Most Texas Day Ever
Imagine getting to do everything that captures the true spirit of Texas in one day. We sure had fun doing just that – even if it probably isn’t physically possible due to time constraints. This perfect day might remain one of fiction, but hey, a girl (or guy) can dream, right?
1. Wake up to the sound of George Strait blasting from your phone and step right into your cowboy (or girl) boots at your bedside.
2. Go outside to watch a breathtaking sunrise like none other in the country.
3. Go pick up (or make) some delicious, authentic breakfast tacos. Extra hot sauce, please.
4. If it's summer (AKA March-September in Texas) get on over to Hamilton Pool as soon as it opens - the crowds get pretty ridiculous the warmer it gets outside.
5. And then go for a leisurely float on one of our many rivers.
6. Sink your teeth into some of the juiciest barbecue in the state to make up for all the calories you just burned swimming.
7. Get in your jacked up truck and go muddin'.
8. Take a stroll through one of our quaint historic towns and get transported back in time.
9. Sit out on the porch and sip some (very) sweet tea (or beer - your call). We're all about simplicity here in Texas.
10. Tour the historic Alamo and walk the famous San Antonio River Walk.
11. Make a pit stop at your nearest Buc-ee's and use the cleanest bathrooms in America. And don't forget the beaver nuggets!
12. If it happens to be fall, pay a visit to our pal Big Tex at the State Fair and chow down on every fried food known to man.
13. If it isn't the right time of year for the fair, I have another idea for dinner - one that includes lots and lots of queso. (Even if you did stuff your face at the fair, there's always some room in there for this liquid gold.)
14. End the night with a bowl of the only good ice cream that exists in this world.
15. And once night falls, take a drive away from city lights and thank your lucky stars (literally) that you're in Texas.
What would your perfect Texas day look like, all logic aside?