Texas July 19, 2015
9 Times The Entire Country Was Looking At Texas In Suspense And Awe
Throughout history, Texas has made it into the national spotlight numerous times, for both good and bad reasons. Here are 9 times that the whole country had its eyes on Texas:
1) When the Astrodome, the world's first domed stadium, opened in Houston in 1965.
2) That time when a cop from Orange attended a Texas teen's graduation after breaking the news of his parents' death.
3) When President John F Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas in 1963.
4) When the Columbia space shuttle exploded over Texas and Louisiana in 2003.
5) When a man recently jumped into a bayou in Orange and met a tragic death from an alligator attack.
6) When federal agents raided the Branch Davidian compound in Waco in 1993.
7) When Hurricane Ike barreled into the Texas coastline on September 1, 2008.
8) The Operation Jade Helm 15 military exercise that many Texans believe is actually a government plot to establish martial law.
9) When a terrifying video went viral of a man who was trapped inside his Jeep as floodwaters swept him down a creek in Boerne.
What other times was the whole country focused on the Lone Star State?