Everything is bigger and better in Texas, and Christmas is no exception. If I tried to come up with every reason why, this article would be longer than Santa’s naughty list (and we all know how long that is!). So here are just a few of the most noteworthy ways Texans do the holiday season best.
1. Being second in size only to a barren wasteland with no people means more room for light displays like this!
2. And this. Need I say more? How many awesome displays does your state have? That's what I thought.
3. Because our winters can either look like this...(Who said all we ever see are tumbleweeds?)
4. Or like this.
Possibly even both in the same day. Only in Texas will you find raging snowstorms and beautiful blooming trees at the same time in different parts of the state. You don't have to spend your winter freezing if you don't want to!
5. Ahh..is there anything better than the smell of a freshly cut pine tree?
6. The food.
If anyone is looking for an excuse to eat, it's Texans. Glazed ham, cajun turkey, creamed corn, dressing, yams..it's basically Thanksgiving all over again. Grab a plate...but only if you're from Texas!
7. We have THE Christmas flower.
Because of our rich history with Mexico, poinsettias can be found all over the state in the winter. You know Christmas time is here when you see one of these beauties.
8. There's a church on every corner to celebrate in.
For the religious crowd in our great state, there's nothing merrier than spending the holiday season sharing blessings and singing carols with your loved ones.
9. Even ordinary neighborhood folk set their homes ablaze with Christmas spirit.
10. And small town Texas parades are basically the definition of Christmas cheer.
11. We can break tradition, too, with our unique annual festivals.
In Texas, you can spend your holiday season traveling back in time to 19th century Victorian England (and maybe even meet the ghost of Christmas' past!) at Dickens on the Strand in Galveston. Not something you see everyday, right?
12. We may not have a white Christmas, but we have our Southern charm.
Sitting around the fire drinking eggnog or hot cocoa and listening to aunts and uncles tell stories...and maybe grandpa will take that guitar and play a country tune.
13. Who needs snow anyway when you have hay? It doesn't melt!
As you can see, there’s no place like Texas for celebrating Christmas. Why do you think our state is the best for the holidays? Share your thoughts in the comments below!