Okay, it’s been…what, a month? Time for another state pride article! But seriously guys, there are just so many awesome things about our state, it’s hard to write about anything else sometimes. We’re the best – we know it, people from out of state know it, and people who think any differently are just in denial, but they really know it, too. I have hard evidence – indisputable proof that no other state in the country is as awesome as we are. Read these 12 reasons why and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
1. The vast diversity of our landscape.
I mean, heck, driving across Texas is practically like making your way through multiple countries with unique climates and terrain. What other state has lush greenery on one end and barren, majestic mountains on the other?
2. No state income tax!
That's right, nobody's gonna be knocking at your door to take your money. (At least, not income tax - but hey, anything you don't have to pay is cause for celebration, right?)
3. BBQ. I think this one pretty much sums itself up.
4. Houston, we have a problem!
Yeah, even the first crew on the moon knew how awesome Texas is - that's why they called us for help!
5. Our state pride is bigger than Texas itself
Seriously though - if you aren't proud of your state, why are you even living there? You won't come across a Texan who can't give you ten reasons off the top of his head why he loves our state.
6. We have an entire cuisine named after us.
It may just be a fancier way of saying "Mexican food smothered in queso" but that's what makes it awesome.
7. We even have our own language!
There aren't many states with a dialect distinct enough to be recognized no matter where you go. I think it's safe to say we speak Texan while the rest of the country speaks English.
8. We're home to the best ice cream to ever exist.
And we don't care if it's recalled - we'd happily die for our Blue Bell fix.
9. We have the cleanest bathrooms in America. Beat that.
10. And we've born more talent than we know what to do with.
11. We're very skilled in the art of frying, well, everything.
12. And possibly the greatest thing about Texas: our hospitality.
No door goes unopened for the person behind you, and no sentence ends without a courteous "Ma'am" or "Sir," or even the tip of a hat. One thing's for sure, we'll never let you forget that we're happy you could join us in the greatest state of all.
What are some other reasons why we live in the best state of them all? Let us know in the comments!