Austin April 30, 2016
The 15 Best Places In Austin To Go On An Unforgettable Picnic
With all of the great weather to be had almost 300 days a year, the best places in Austin to go on an unforgettable picnic are far from limited. One thing is for sure, we Austinites know how to keep it creative. Check out our favorite places to picnic in Austin.
1. Watch peacocks strut among views of a peaceful pond, while enjoying a quiet picnic afternoon at Mayfield Park.
2. Take a ride to Mansfield Dam and enjoy a picnic solo.
3. Head to Round Rock Express' complimentary lawn seating, throw down a blanket, and order the munchies to enjoy a good ol' game of ball!
4. Take a day to explore Wild Basin Preserve and enjoy one of these pleasant waterfalls with your picnic lunch.
5. Sit on the shores of Bob Wentz park and watch the clouds pass by with your picnic munchies.
6. Take the kiddos out for mud puddles and a picnic lunch after they've worn themselves out!
7. What better place to enjoy a fresh picnic than at one of the many Austin Farmers Markets?
8. Whole Foods headquarters in downtown Austin is the perfect slice of heaven for a picnic amidst all of the hustle and bustle of the city.
9. Austin's Mueller Lake Park is in central Austin and is fun for kids and adults of all ages to picnic around!
10. Grab some friends, drinks, and food for a picnic on the move...kayaking!
11. Soak up views of the lake and the city at Auditorium Shores - A place that is quite often frequented for picnics and hanging out.
12. Park your canoe or kayak and stop at Red Bud Isle for your picnic.
13. Go for a dip and relax after with a perfect picnic at Barton Springs Pool.
14. After the hike it takes to get up to Mt. Bonnell, you'll want to plop down right here and have your picnic...the views are sensational.
15. ANY park bench in Austin is a great place for a compact picnic.
So what do ya say? Do you have a favorite spot to picnic in Austin? Please let us know where it is at!