Those of us lucky enough to hail from The Live Music Capital share similar characteristics. We’re funny, vibrant, and full of life. We liven up any party and add a splash of color to everything we see. Prepare to meet your new best friends, because people from Austin are the best kind of people you’ll ever meet.
1. We're creative
Whether we're finding the right color of spray paint for a mural or discovering the best blend of spices on our brisket, Austinites know how to find inspiration.
2. We have the best taste in music.
And we'll probably find it before the radio stations do.
3. We take movies very seriously.
The Alamo Drafthouse won't hesitate to kick out that chatty Cathy gossiping in the back row.
4. We know how to have a good time
From Eeyore's Birthday Party to South by Southwest, Austinites know how to celebrate.
5. We never hesitate to let you borrow our guitars or pack of strings.
Accidents happen. When you're in an instrument emergency, the musician community has your back.
6. Our couches are your couches
It's nearly impossible to find a hotel room during ACL and SXSW, and we know that airbnb can get expensive. We'll eagerly open up our living rooms to out-of-towners, as long as they're cool with sleeping on the couch.
7. We are one of the healthiest cities in America.
Free yoga classes aren't hard to come by, and you'll always see people jogging around Lady Bird Lake.
8. But we're also one the biggest foodie cities in America
Sure, we work out hard, but that's mostly to make room for all that tex mex we're going to eat later.
9. Our dogs are as stylish as we are.
On the hipster east side, it's not uncommon to see pets that look like they're straight off the runway.
10. We thrive on spontaneity.
We're a "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of people, and there's always a new adventure to discover.