Austin isn’t an overly dangerous city, but there are a few risks involved with living here. The bustling music, ever-changing landscape and scrumptious restaurants all come with a price. These 11 risks could happen to anyone living in the city of Austin.
1. You may begin to develop an insatiable love for obscure music.
And you'll spend hours at Waterloo Records trying to find the next album for your collection.
2. Your attempt at an Amy's Ice Creams juggling battle could dangerously backfire.
Nobody wants an ice cream casualty.
3. Your love for barbecue is strong, but so are the meat sweats.
Even the most delicious plate of brisket comes with a side effect.
4. You won't be able to enjoy vacation because of the events you're missing out on in ATX.
The FOMO is real.
5. Your favorite bar or music venue could turn into a fancy high-rise condo.
That epic bar won't go down without a fight, though. Austinites are always ready to rally with petitions and protests.
6. You may start to lose sleep over how many hours you spend sitting on I-35.
It's not just during rush hour. Bumper to bumper highway stalls happen even on lazy Sunday afternoons.
7. Bat guano could catch you at an inopportune moment
Let's just leave it at this: if you're on Lady Bird Lake during a summer sunset, you might need to shield yourself.
8. Your stunning work of art will inevitably get painted over at The HOPE Outdoor Gallery.
You're lucky if the mural lasts two days.
9. Pit stains. All summer long.
No amount of deodorant can conquer the Texas armpit sweat.
10. You'll only be able to drink local beer.
The other states just don't brew it right.
11. You'll fall in love with the city and never want to leave.
Despite all the risks and hazards, there's nowhere else you'd rather be.