Austin March 31, 2016
15 Things Everyone in Austin Must Do Before They Die
Austin is a crazy, funky, beautiful place to explore. There’s usually always something going on and if there isn’t anything happening, you can make fun happen all by yourself! Taking it from the insider view, here are the best things to do in Austin before you die.
1. Dine at the Oasis, overlooking Lake Travis. Check out that view!
2. Listen to jazz at the Elephant Room - The only underground jazz bar in Austin, with performances every day of the week.
3. Catch a show at Austin's very own version of SNL - Esther's Follies.
4. Ready for a real adventure? Go rock climbing at the famous Greenbelt
5. Have a root-bootin'-scootin' time learning how to 2-step at one of the oldest dive country bars in Austin - The Broken Spoke.
6. Take yourself and a date on a biking tour of Austin. Rent one of these and roll those wheels wherever you please.
7. Practice yoga in the middle of Downtown Austin.
8. Grab a bowl of hot, steaming pho the morning after a night of drinking. So...worth...it! Hot spots: Tan My, Pho Saigon, Phonatic.
9. Dress to impress, for a beautiful Sunday brunch at Green Pastures!
10. Take an entire day off to veg out - And watch a flick on the beautiful IMAX screen at the Bob Bullock Museum.
11. Muster up the guts to sing in front of an audience...at any time of day OR night at Austin Karaoke!
12. Jam out to some good ol' country music at the annual Austin Rodeo
13. Go on an adventure with the kids at the Austin Steam Train Association.
14. Take a stroll down memory lane and explore all of Toy Joy's nostalgic play things.
15. Bring our furry friend to the Domain's Dogtober Fest - There's even a Dachsund race with a cash prize!
Ah, what fun you can truly have to make memories that last. What are the other best things to do in Austin?