We’re huge fans of Tennessee normally, but this week is something special – Thanksgiving. So between our coma-inducing feasts and wonderful sweet desserts, we’re counting up 12 reasons why Tennessee is the best place to be. All the time. Take a look!
12) We have the greatest cities
Chattanooga, Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis. Doesn't get better or more varied than that!
11) The people. Always, always the people.
The folks are kind and the families are good and solid - which means so much in the grand swing of things.
10) Lakes and rivers and streams
We're rife with water, despite our landlocked location, and they complement our mountains and plains perfectly.
9) We have the Grand Ole Opry
Need we say more? It's a fantastic bit of history, completely caught up in the state of Tennessee.
8) Tennessee sunsets blow anyone's mind
Orange, red, yellow, pink. We boast every color in exuberant brilliance.
7) Friends here are friends forever
We start 'em young and keep 'em forever.
6) We get to enjoy a neat music culture
Nashville is the music hub for the country - sorry, Los Angeles - so we get the neat, quirky culture plus the cool celebrities.
5) Secret family recipes carry any Tennessee holiday
Whether your grandmother is bringing pies or your mom has the best ever potato salad, our entire state is full of secret recipes and great foods.
4) Best family cooks this side of the Mississippi
Or the other side of the Mississippi as well - we're pretty great. With our hot chicken and great restaurants and fun opportunities.
3) We like our chicken hot 'n fried
Nashville took the nation by storm when hot chicken took hold of - well. Anyone.
2) The fall colors are INSANE
The photos tell it all. Have you ever been to East Tennessee in the autumn...?
1) Tennessee has gorgeous scenery year 'round
Spring, summer, fall - even the bare bones of winter are gorgeous out here on Ol' Rocky Top.