Summer is on the cusp, and we’re guessing you’ve been making a pretty intense bucket list for the next few months. If you find yourself in the good ol’ Volunteer State, then you definitely can’t miss these 12 fantastic opportunities – seriously! It will make your trip OH so worth it. And if you’re a Tennessean? We have quite the way for you to enjoy your state. Take a look!
12. Sit in on a solid show at the Mother Church.
There are always fantastic artists coming in to town to play the Ryman, and you can be a part of it all, too!
11. Visit Rock City in Chattanooga.
One? Because it's gorgeous. Two? No need for two. It's GORGEOUS.
10. Let the kiddos run wild at the Knoxville Zoo.
Grab your buddies and wrangle the kids, because the Knoxville Zoo is sure to tire them all out for naptime later.
9. Enjoy an afternoon rafting the rivers.
We have quite a few opportunities for water sport in the state, so find a spot near you and slip on your swimsuit - it's gonna be a watery ride.
8. Take a day trip to Chattanooga.
With great hiking trails, awesome restaurants and a ton of spots for the kids (aquarium, anyone?), Chattanooga is a perfect summer day trip.
7. Visit the fireflies of East Tennessee.
Early summer is prime time for lightning bugs, so you better hurry up!
6. Touch up on your history at the National Civil Rights Museum.
The profound look at the past will give you a bit of depth to carry into the fall.
5. Stand in awe beneath Ruby Falls.
Because, an underground waterfall!?! What a thing.
4. Treat yourself to a good cup of iced coffee.
Steadfast in Nashville is known for their coffee soda, and it's perfect when you're looking to cool off and enjoy an afternoon in the sun.
3. Go camping in the Great Smoky Mountains.
Need we say more?
2. Scream your heart out at Dollywood.
Yes! Because roller coasters are always amazing!
1. Visit Cummins Falls.
Known as one of the top swimming holes in the COUNTRY, you really can't miss out on a visit to the falls this summer. You'll regret it if you don't go.