Tennessee is a land of promise, a place of excitement that caters to you and your parents, your grandparents and best friends. Whether you’re looking for a hike outdoors or a vibrant cityscape, we’ve got QUITE the idea for your 2016. Ready for it?
11) Let's call 2016 the year of waterfalls
There are SO many in Tennessee, plus there are quite a few that sit at the end of a wonderful hike.
10) It's supposed to be a beautiful winter, so the Great Smoky Mountains are a must for a March date
As long as you bring a coat, hey?
9) FINALLY try that hot chicken everyone is talking about
Nashville is known for it, and you probably have no idea why. We think it's about time to try it out.
8) Drive the cottonfields to Memphis in the summertime
It makes the drive so much more beautiful.
7) Walk a Chattanooga Bridge
This river city is worth the afternoon out. It lies on the border of Tennessee and Georgia.
6) Maybe squeak in a trip to Dollywood
We know it's touristy, but there are quite a few festivals throughout the year that are worth the drive.
5) Take a hike through the eastern wilderness
There are a ton of tiny towns at the foot of the mountains, so you're good to stop for coffee then take a great drive.
4) Take a big bite out of the NEW Sprinkles location in Nashville
It started out in Los Angeles and - thankfully - spread across the nation.
3) Indulge at the (almost) newly opened Five-Daughters Bakery
Located in 12South, look for a brick-and-mortar opening in early 2016.
2) Spend time in little old Bell Buckle
It's nice to take a load off and enjoy that small town vibe every once in awhile.
1) Visit a new city - we have one for everyone!
Chattanooga, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, every tiny town you can think of. We've got the fun if you have the sense of adventure.
Have you made any of these awesome trips? Planning something new? Let us know in the comments below!