Every state has a couple of kooky things you can’t believe made it through to become laws – but that makes the world a bit more interesting, doesn’t it? Take a look at what Tennessee deemed necessary in recent years – you may find yourself a bit surprised.
11. Double dog dares take on a whole new meaning in the Volunteer State.
As in, it's illegal to dare a child to purchase a beer. Sounds like a given to us, but who knows? Maybe it's a rampant issue we never knew about.
10. Skunks are protected, you know.
As in, you can't carry them across the state line. They can walk themselves, you just better not be holding them!
9. Cruisin' for a bruisin'.
It's illegal to place tacks on the highway. Sorry to ruin your plans for the evening...
8. It's perfectly legal to shoot a whale from your moving vehicle.
Just nothing else.
7. It's illegal to catch a fish with a lasso.
But just fish. Use it to your heart's content to wrangle the kids, though.
6. Don't you touch that hollow log, dude.
It's illegal to sell hollow logs in Tennessee (???).
5. Stealing a horse has some SERIOUS consequences.
By law, you can still be punished by hanging.
4. No dueling!
Yeah, glad you made this clear. We were SO tempted to duel this afternoon, but now we won't. If you do partake, you can't hold public office.
3. Sorry, pastor - no politics for you.
It's true! Ministers dedicated to God are unable to serve in state leadership roles, including the entirety of the house and senate.
2. Netflix is the real deal out here.
It is illegal for you to share your password, by state law.
1. No holding hands at school, kids.
It's considered a "gateway to sexual activity" in Tennessee.