Are you on a budget? Have you drunk the Dave Ramsey Kool-Aid, getting your life in order and teasing your financial picture into something a bit prettier? Good for you – and here are a couple of ways to get a little bit of vacation in while you live life with envelopes. You’re going to love it, and so is your wallet.
15. Ogle Tourists on Beale Street.
Because what's more fun than people watching?
14. Or even Broadway, while you're at it.
Dude. Tourists can be an absolute HOOT.
13. Check out a local Farmer's Market.
They're totally free to browse, and you may even cut down on that grocery bill if you pick up a couple of local products.
12. Take a scenic drive through Cades Cove.
The only price of this is time and a bit of gas. Bring a picnic and enjoy the great oudoors!
11. Coolidge Park in Chattanooga is perfect for the little ones.
Popular with families, your little ones will love laughing and playing on the grass.
10. Visit the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge - there's free fudge samples!
You had us at "free."
9. Find a local flea market.
Nashville has a huge one on the fourth Saturday of the month, but there are quite a few towns that offer them much more often.
8. Visit the world's largest Bass Pro Shop.
7. Trek across Chattanooga's Walnut Bridge.
This pedestrian friendly city is perfect to get the wiggles out after a long week.
6. Check your community calendar for free outdoor movies.
There are usually great options to chill out at local parks, and if you're lucky you can even catch a movie!
5. Take in the view from the Sunsphere observation deck in Knoxville.
Um, we LOVE heights.
4. Get cultural at the art musuem at the University of Memphis.
An art museum that's free? Heck yes!
3. Walk through Riverfront Park in Nashville.
The gorgeous, newly finished park is great for everyone - including your dog.
2. Enjoy the RC Cola & Moon Pie Festival.
Darling Bell Buckle hosts every year, and you'll never want to leave!
1. Visit the Great Smoky Mountains.
Totally free. Totally gorgeous. Totally in.