Here in Tennessee? We are HUGE fans of fall. Mainly because the south is the perfect place to enjoy the autumn season, what with the color and the vibrant hospitality. Here are ten ways to enjoy fall right here on ol’ Rocky Top.
10) There are SO many places to grab some delicious coffee.
Curl up with a latte in one of Tennessee's premier coffee shops. Out here, it's simply not just a bean.
9) Tennessee bakeries start rollin' out all the delicious pumpkin pastries.
There are hundreds of decadent bakeries in the south, but Tennessee takes the cake (literally) when it comes to those warm autumn flavors.
8) There are tons of harvest festivals to choose from.
With the agricultural economy booming out here and the festive feel of folk, there are TONS of festivals to waste the season away.
7) The Halloween events are to die for - tons of pumpkin patches and haunted houses.
Halloween in the south?! Is so much fun! Everyone gets in on the holiday spirit, and many Tennessee neighborhoods are safe and clean - ready for your sweet trick or treaters.
6) There are fall foliage tours available nearly everywhere.
Multiple cities offer opportunities for foliage tours - there's bound to be one near you!
5) You can view the gorgeous landscape from the air.
Middle Tennessee Hot Air Adventures will not only give you a birds eye view of the landscape - but you go up at sunset! Stunning.
4) There are train nature tours - did you hear that? TRAIN TOURS.
Get on board the Hiwassee River Railroad for a colorful experience you'll never forget.
3) Plus, there's the option to jump on a river cruise and sail the southern seas amidst the colors.
The Star of Knoxville will give you the Tennessee autumn views you simply can't live without.
2) There's the opportunity to take beautiful hikes in the great Tennessee outdoors.
The Great Smoky Mountains are perfect for a hike - just bundle up good and grab coffee on the way home.
1) Getting lost in Tennessee? In the fall? Prime.
Tennessee is one of the most beautiful states out there, so just get lost on a backroad. Bring your best friend, the love of your life, your kids. Pack hot cocoa and some good music (NOT Christmas music, yet!), and get ready for a good time.