Southern California March 20, 2017
11 Things You Quickly Learn When You Move To Southern California
If you’re a transplant from outside of Southern California, you’ll understand that there are several things you learn very quickly the moment you move here. From weather to traffic to food, these are all things that are quite unique to SoCal. Do you recognize any items on this list?
1. That SoCal is so much more than pristine sandy beaches.
You'll also fall in love with the mountains, the forest, and even the desert.
. You'll NEVER get used to the traffic in Southern California.
No matter how many times you're stuck in a traffic jam here, it will always be just as annoying as the very first time you sat in your car for 90-minutes on a SoCal freeway.
3. You'll become a snob when it comes to Mexican food.
You'll never step foot in a chain restaurant again because you know it won't ever live up to your favorite hole-in-the-wall that you've discovered in your new neighborhood.
4. That it always takes longer to get somewhere than you expect.
A 20-minute drive on Google Maps could be as long as an hour or more depending on the time of day you hit the road.
5. You can ditch your winter clothes.
Or just put them in the back part of the closet because you'll rarely, if ever, need to bundle up.
6. You'll discover that you don't spend as much time at the beach as you thought you would before you moved here.
7. You'll soon find out that rush hour is literally every hour because it ALWAYS looks like rush hour on the freeway no matter what time of day you're driving.
You'll miss the adventure of unexpected snow days...
9. But you won't miss driving in them!
10. You'll find out that no one in SoCal likes to drive in the rain.
So be prepared to stay in for the night on the rare occasion there is a downpour as we stay close to home when the rain comes out.
11. That you'll never want to live anywhere else. EVER.
And that's something you learn on day one!
These things are all so very true! Anything else you quickly discovered when you moved here?
And now that you are officially a Southern Californian, or even if you have been for quite some time, you might enjoy reading “
15 Reasons Why Everyone Is Jealous That You Live in SoCal.” I’m sure you can relate!