Southern California August 15, 2016
16 Ways You Can Always Spot Someone From Southern California No Matter Where They Are
People from Southern California are some of the coolest people I’ve ever met. If you’re from SoCal originally, or just happen to be living here right now, perhaps you recognize a few of these qualities in yourself. Take a look at this list and see if any of these things sound familiar.
1. If it's Saturday or Sunday, you'll most likely find us at a farmers market.
2. Speaking of farmers markets...we are very particular about where we buy our produce. We know which markets are the best, which ones are average, and which markets aren't worth the bother.
3. We most likely live in a condo or an apartment (or at least did at one point) because a house is way too expensive here.
4. If you see someone carrying a yoga mat like a purse, it's quite possible they're from SoCal.
5. We HATE driving in the rain. And quite honestly, we're not very good at it. Driving in the rain for someone from Southern California is the equivalent of driving in the snow anywhere else.
6. We've been spoiled by the weather here. If the temperature drops below 65 degrees we think it's chilly and will most likely need a jacket.
7. We're an active and sporty bunch here in SoCal. If you see a car with a bike, a kayak, or surfboard on top you can bet it's someone from Southern California.
8. Some folks in SoCal think rollerblading is still a thing.
9. We're big on recycling, reuse and upcycling...
10. We even bring our own shopping bags with us EVERYWHERE...even when we're not shopping.
11. We love our casual clothes and don't hesitate to wear shorts, tank tops or sweatpants out in public.
12. We LOVE avocado! But we'll know if the avocado isn't from Southern California, as the ones from SoCal always taste the best.
13. You'll most likely find us in the organic section of the grocery store.
14. We do our exercise...in the park!
15. People from SoCal will tell you how many minutes it takes to get somewhere, not how many miles, as we're used to accounting for heavy traffic.
16. We're a happy bunch of people (except when we're stuck in traffic!). If you see a great big smile on someone's face, they're probably from SoCal.
Don’t you just love being from Southern California? Even if we’re not very good at driving in the rain, I still think we’re the coolest people around. What else would you add to the list?