Southern California October 11, 2016
11 Reasons Why Anyone Who Hates Southern California Can Just Shut Up
If you’re one of those haters of Southern California, then you might want to take a look at these 11 reasons why SoCal is a place to embrace. If you can’t beat us then go ahead and join us, because there’s a whole lot to love in this corner of America. Here’s a little insight on why we’re proud to call this place home.
1. There's only one place in the country that can claim the title of America's Finest City...
2. And the Craft Brew Capital of America -- two designations reserved for our very own San Diego located right here in Southern California.
3. Southern California is home to the largest county in the entire country. Measuring in at 20,105 square miles, San Bernardino County contains a large stretch of beautiful land that we can all enjoy in this part of the state.
Pictured here: Skyline Trail in Big Bear in San Bernardino County.
4. We're also proud to have the oldest trees in the world located inside the Inyo National Forest.
Did you know that many of these ancient Bristlecone Pines are over 4,000 years of age?
5. We also have the largest natural outdoor ampitheatre in the country. If you haven't been to Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles it's definitely worth a visit.
6. If food is top on your list, then SoCal is the ultimate destination to find the country's best restaurants. It's truly a foodie paradise in this corner of the world.
7. Speaking of food, have you tried our Mexican food? Nothing compares to the Mexican food you can find in Southern California.
8. Or how about avocados? Head to the avocado groves in Fallbrook and you'll see why they call this spot in SoCal the Avocado Capital of the World.
9. We may be obsessed with our food, but that doesn't stop us from being fit. People who live in Southern California are some of the healthiest and fittest folks in the country -- thanks in part to the weather and being able to be outside almost every day of the year.
10. Did someone say weather? It's impossible to sing the praises of Southern California without mentioning the weather. When other parts of the country are experiencing intense storms, floods, and other inclement conditions, we are happily enjoying our warm and breezy SoCal climate almost every day of the year.
11. And last but not least, Money Magazine included two Southern California cities on its 2016 list of best places to live: Irvine in Orange County and Eastvale in Riverside County.
So there you have it — 11 reasons why we SoCal is a place to love. There are hundreds of other reasons, but this is just a starter list. If you want more proof why Southern California is one of the best places to be, take a look at these
18 Towns in Southern California With Breathtaking Scenery.