South Carolina August 23, 2015
11 Reasons Why People From South Carolina Are Unbelievably Tough
South Carolinians are unbelievably tough. We have to be. Living here takes skill and perseverance and here are 12 reasons why.
1. We have to deal with long and extremely hot summers.
2. And, there is no way I cannot mention the humidity. It's like breathing underwater sometimes. It's surprising we don't have gills.
3. Surviving construction in the cities takes a special kind of patience and inner-calm.
4. Being a farmer in SC can be pretty tough at times.
5. We have to survive the unemployment rate here. It's difficult to live day to day without a paycheck.
6. Getting anywhere can take a while sometimes, especially if you live in a really small town and you need groceries.
7. We tend to not follow rules, and have the distinction of breaking a lot of them.
8. We understand the jealousy others have for our football teams.
9. We have become really good at dodging bounding deer that love to play Frogger with our cars.
10. Sinkholes are a real thing here!
11. We have survived more hurricanes than we care to think about.
Look at all we deal with on a regular basis! We are tougher than titanium and don’t let anyone tell you different.