If there’s one thing we’ve learned at Only In South Carolina, it’s that we South Carolinians sure do love our food. And why not? With all the tourism this state gets, it only stands to reason that all of our restaurants are servin’ up spectacular fare. Here are some of those restaurants in South Carolina that have mouthwatering temptations you won’t be able to resist.
1. Captain George's Seafood - 1401 29th Ave N, Myrtle Beach, SC
What BEACH? With the amount of seafood on the buffet (well, technically they're ships...) Captain George's is a destination all on its own! Just look at those crab legs.
2. Mary's Restaurant at Fall's Cottage - 615 S Main St, Greenville, SC
This charming spot overlooking Falls Park and the Reedy River dishes up a delicious menu. They're open for breakfast and lunch.
3. Little Pigs BBQ - 4927 Alpine Rd, Columbia, SC
Take a close look at this plate. Fried Chicken, mac and cheese to die for, green beans, broccoli.... And these, my friend, are only a few of the delicious items on the buffet at Little Pigs BBQ in Columbia.
4. Fuel - 211 Rutledge Ave, Charleston, SC
This restaurant is cleverly located in a converted filling station (thus, the name). They've gotten creative with the outside space too and offer both indoor and outdoor seating, perfect for this time of year. American and Caribbean fares are featured on the menu at Fuel.
5. Kenny B's French Quarter Cafe - 70 Pope Ave, Hilton Head Island, SC
Oh my. Hand-breaded to perfection and deeeeelicious. Plus, from the outside you'd never know how festive this place is on the inside, would you?
6. Papa Zuzu's - 426 W Coleman Blvd, Mt Pleasant, SC
For Mediterranean and Greek food in Mount Pleasant there's no better place than PaPa ZuZu's. BONUS: they also have great outside seating.
7. The CODfather - 1809 Reynolds Ave, North Charleston, SC
For the absolute BEST fish and chips on this side of "the pond" there's none other than the CODfather in North Charleston. Just look at that hand-breaded swimmer. Yum.
8. Sugar n Spice - 212 S Pine St, Spartanburg, SC
Sugar-n-Spice has been around long enough to have served three generations of your family when they were children. It's a landmark in Spartanburg at this point. You'll love the great American fare lovingly served here by a patient and friendly staff.
9. McGee's Irish Pub and Restaurant - 116 W Orr St, Anderson, SC
Beer cheese soup, lamb chili, bangers and mash...oh but only a few of the favorite dishes Yelp reviews have raved about at McGee's.
10. Five and Dine - 135 E Main St #101, Rock Hill, SC
We're willing to bet you haven't had a chicken and waffle that beats the one you'll get at this Rock Hill landmark of a restaurant. Oh, they also have other yummy food too.
11. Alfresco Bistro - 812 Front St, Georgetown, SC
Upscale atmosphere with some outdoor seating available for these beautiful spring days and early summer evenings. Try the cobb salad or lobster bisque.
12. Aiken Brewing Company - 140 Laurens St SW, Aiken, SC
You don't have to be in to craft beers to enjoy yourself at Aiken Brewing Company. We're sure you could be perfectly at peace with this great plate of wings, right?
13. Hifalutin - 1035 Broad St, Camden, SC
Both the food and the atmosphere are outstanding at Hifalutin. Whether you're just passing through or you live nearby, put this spot on your must-visit list.
14. Shug's Smokehouse Grill - 2404 Kelleytown Rd, Hartsville, SC
Shug's is a favorite in Hartsville for Trip Advisor users. Try the BBQ Short Rib Skins (shown). You won't be disappointed.
15. Rebel Pie - 804 2nd Loop Rd, Florence, SC
Mmm..Mmm..MMM! Wood-fired pizza in the heart of PeeDee. Rebel pie is worth a journey of limitless miles. Have you tried it yet?
What’s your go-to place in South Carolina for mouthwatering food? We’d love to know over in our comments on our Facebook page.