12 Epic Fireworks Shows In South Carolina That Will Blow You Away This Year
For a list of the best fireworks shows in South Carolina in 2016 click here. (The article below contains a list of 2015 epic fireworks shows…)
July 4th is almost here and I’m waiting like a child who has been promised a bag of candy if they’re good. The celebrations that happen on July 4th have always been a magical time for me. It’s a celebration of freedom and people come out in droves for the many firework shows that happen across the state of South Carolina. It is such an explosive time of good cheer. I, personally, can’t wait to hear the big “pop”, “fizzle”, BOOM! of the fireworks and then watch them fill the sky with an array of shapes and colors. Don’t know where to go to see these beautiful sites? Well, I have a list for you! Following are 12 2015 epic firework shows in South Carolina!
1. The Red, White, and Blue Firework Show – Greenville, SC: This show is being sponsored by Wells Fargo and is one of the largest shows in the state. There will be live music, kid’s fun and festivities, food and drink vendors. It starts at 5 p.m. and is free for the public!
2. Sea Pines, Shelter Cove, and Skull Creek – Hilton Head, SC: There are 3 different locations for you to choose from to see epic firework displays! There will be a full day of fun, fun, fun! Live music, kid’s fun, food, and drink! Some of them may charge a small fee for entrance and there is free shuttle runs to and from the parking areas.
3. Lake Wateree Fireworks Celebration – Lake Wateree, SC (near Shaw AFB): They are starting their show at sunset which they say is approximately 7 p.m.
4. Newberry College – Newberry, SC: One of the southeast’s largest firework shows! They have live bands, free rides for the children, car shows, and even a skydiving show! Their fireworks start around 10 p.m. and lasts about 20 minutes! Folks, that’s a lot of fireworks!
5. Fourth of July Festival – North Charleston, SC: They’re at it again guys. They say they have the “Lowcountry’s largest 4th of July fireworks show”. The show will be held at the Riverfront Park where there will be live music, children’s festivities, food and craft vendors, as well as a laser show!
6. SC Festival of Stars – Ninety Six, SC: A 2-day celebration kicking off on Friday, July 3rd. Here you are going to find a treat as they are going to have live bands, amusement rides, Classic and Custom automobiles, food and craft vendors, as well as contests!
7. Lake Murray Fireworks Celebration – Lake Murray, SC: This is going to be a show of shows! It starts at dusk which they say will be around 9:15 p.m. The entire show is choreographed to a patriotic concert that will be playing at the same time on B106.7. They say that the best place to view the fireworks show is on Dreher Island and both islands on Lake Murray. You are more than welcome to bring blankets, chairs, and picnics! There is a small fee for entrance, but it is so worth it!
8. Independence Day Fireworks Celebration – St. Matthews, SC: Folks, this show gets bigger and bigger every single year and this year it is going to be a ‘blow’ out! It starts around 7:30 p.m., but get there early as it is so huge that they close roads! There will be a live band that starts at 8 p.m. and fireworks will be starting around 9 p.m. There will be hotdogs, popcorn, french fries and other foods and drinks for sale as well as balloons and toys. Bring you own blankets or lawn chairs if you like. The address is 601 Dantzler St, St. Matthews, SC.
9. Freedom Fest – Darlington, SC: This festival is held at the Darlington Raceway! Free entry to the public. They are going to have bounce houses, fair foods, car shows, military appreciation, and live music. Did you think I forgot the fireworks? NO! They are going to have some crazy awesome fireworks going on!
10. Star Spangled Celebration at Broadway at the Beach – Myrtle Beach, SC: There will be live entertainment, street performers, water ski demonstrations, and a gazillion fireworks for you to see!
11. Fireworks Spectacular at Florence Motor Speedway – Timmonsville, SC: The gates open at noon. There will be great entertainment, food, and fireworks!
12. Big Water Lake Club – Santee, SC: A 2-day event that is going to have 5 bands, family fun, a fishing tournament, and the note that the fireworks will be held on Sunday night!
So, get out there South Carolinians and bring America’s birthday in with a bang.
This article listed the best displays to see in 2015. For a list of the best fireworks displays in South Carolina to see in 2016 read: These 2016 Fireworks Displays In South Carolina Will Drop Your Jaw.