South Carolina December 27, 2015
11 Things People From South Carolina Will Never Ever Admit (Out Loud)
South Carolinians are a proud folk, aren’t we? And why not? We have the greatest state in the country.
We took stock of some things you just won’t catch people from the Palmetto State admitting out loud. Let’s see if you agree.
1. We'd never admit we do things much
MUCH slower here in the south.
2. We'd never admit to any of our ancestors fighting on the wrong side of any of the battles that took place in South Carolina.
That's because they
3. There are times when we say "Bless your heart," and that's not exactly what we mean....
4. It may have appeared effortlessly graceful to heal in front of the entire nation earlier this year, but it really wasn't easy with all the media attention.
5. We secretly root for the other team if they make it to the playoffs and our team doesn't.
6. Not everyone is a fan of "the shag." We'd never admit to that. But we still love to dance...
7. We have no idea what the words to the state song,
8. Tourists think we eat shrimp and grits all the time. We don't - but we let outsiders think we live on it.
9. We'd never admit to having an accent. "Bless yer harrt."
10. We don't mind the general overcrowding caused by all the tourists. After all, they help to fuel the economy in the Palmetto State.
11. A South Carolinian will never admit that sometimes North Carolina's BBQ is almost as good as ours.
Would you ever admit to any of these? What did you think of the list? Are there other things you’d like to add? Feel free to add your list in the Facebook comments section.