Rhode Island March 04, 2016
10 Reasons Why People From Rhode Island Are Unbelievably Tough
Rhode Island might seem like a peaceful state filled with wonderful beaches and delicious food. While both of those things are true, residents also have to deal with a lot of sticky situations. Here are 10 reasons Rhode Islanders are unbelievably tough.
1. Few people can dodge potholes like Rhode Islanders. Those of us that learned to drive in the smallest state really grew from the experience.
2. The humidity in the summer can be pretty intense, but state residents have learned to handle it.
3. When the humidity strikes we all look forward to winter, and then we regret that feeling when the snow storms hit.
4. Driving in the snow in particular can be difficult enough to make anyone tough.
5. Step in to any coffee shop, or Cumbies in Rhode Island and you'll over hear someone talking about our corrupt politicians. This has been going on for so long that we've all become a little tougher.
6. While we might rely on our tourists for their business, everything gets a little more intense during the tourist season.
7. Living in top 5 most densely populated states has its downsides. The daily traffic jams can be a little daunting at times.
8. You try having to explain that your home state is neither a road, nor an island your whole life! The frustration of it definitely makes us stronger.
9. So many reasons Rhode Islanders are tough have to deal with driving. Such a historic state means many of our roads are pretty old and narrow, causing dozens of unexpected one ways. We've all made the mistake of driving down a road the wrong way and it's definitely a character building experience.
10. One thing uniting all New Englanders is dealing with completely unexpected and quick changing weather. We could wake up to 60 degrees and sunshine and suddenly find ourselves in a snow storm with no jacket just a few hours later. This definitely makes us tough.
Rhode Islanders really are some of the toughest around! Wouldn’t you agree?