Rhode Island February 26, 2016
15 Things People Miss The Most About Rhode Island When They Leave
Leaving Rhode Island isn’t exactly on the agenda for everyone that lives here. Sometimes it feels like most people in the state have never left at all, which makes sense. There is so much to love about this place, so it’s understandable that so many avoid leaving. Every now and then some of us do have to inevitably leave for work, school and other trips. When we do, there is a lot to miss. Here are 15 things most of us miss about Rhode Island when we leave:
1. Everyone knows we have the best seafood around and our quahogs are easy to miss.
2. Summer doesn't really begin for Rhode Islanders until we have our first Del's of the season. If we have to go an entire summer without one of these delicious frozen lemonades, our lives are just not the same.
3. Being the smallest state with a dense population has its perks. It means everything we need is just a short drive away and it's easy to miss our quick access to all the essentials. You know, like Dunkin' and Dave's marketplace.
4. This picture says it all. No coastline compares to Little Rhody and we all miss the beach when we're out of state.
We all miss the beach so much it really needs two pictures.
5. We all miss the Newport Creamery an "awful awful" lot when we're not near one.
6. The food! Rhode Island is one of the best state's in the country for amazing restaurants; The White Horse Tavern in Newport, Julians, Nick's and Los Andes in Providence, Crazy Burger and Iggy's Doughboys in Narragansett. The list goes on and on.
7. Few cities compare to Providence's local music scene. There are amazing shows going on every night of the week.
8. Coffee Milk is a classic Rhode Island beverage and it's hard to find it anywhere else.
9. With such a strong Italian community, the Ocean State has some of the nation's best pizza joints. It can be almost depressing getting pizza anywhere else.
10. With such an extensive colonial history, amazing architecture abounds throughout the state. When traveling outside of New England, it's easy to miss our historical gems.
11. The personalities! We all know the people of Rhode Island are some of the most unique and interesting. It's easy to miss our fellow Rhodies.
12. The small and beautiful city of Providence is rich in history, arts, music, food and culture. Few other capitol cities compare.
13. If fall is your favorite season, you will miss watching the leaves change in Rhode Island.
14. There are dozens of amazing parks packed full of hiking paths, peaceful rivers and lakes, and other stunning nature sites that are unlike anywhere else.
15. Rhode Island takes its coffee very seriously. Amazing cafes can be found everywhere and it's too easy to miss our never-ending coffee options.
What else do you miss about Rhode Island when you’re out of state? Tell us in the comments.