If there’s one big thing that Rhode Islanders have in common, it’s their state customs. The culture is so unique and strong in Rhode Island, that the people of the smallest state have come to expect certain things. Anything that deviates from this Rhody way of life tends to either confuse, or infuriate its residents. Here are 12 ways to make a Rhode Islander mad.
1. Don't question whether or not Rhode Island is a "real" state.
It might be small, but it's definitely its own place.
2. Don't ask us where Rhode Island is.
Sure, it's not exactly easy to find on a map, but it's definitely there nestled between Massachusetts and Connecticut.
3. Don't ask them to drive somewhere more than 15 minutes away.
Rhode Island is so small that anywhere more than a short drive away seems like an eternity.
4. Never try and say that coffee milk is the same as adding milk to your coffee.
The differences are just so strong and you haven't lived until you've had coffee milk. It is the official state drink, after all.
5. Don't call a bubbler a drinking fountain.
Not only will no one know what you're talking about, but it'll also just be annoying.
6. Don't say anything negative about Tom Brady.
Really don't say anything negative about the Patriots in general. You'll regret it.
7. Don't make them drive through construction.
While it's pretty unavoidable in Little Rhody, construction is still a sure fire way to make any Rhode Islander angry.
8. Don't make them drive through traffic in general.
Whether from construction, the beach, or for no apparent reason whatsoever, try and avoid making a Rhode Islander drive through traffic jams.
9. Don't try and suggest seafood is better anywhere else.
Rhode Island is nicknamed the Ocean State for a reason and the seafood is out of this world.
10. Don't try and serve them mediocre clam chowder.
With so many fantastic seafood restaurants, the chowder standards are high.
11. Don't run out of ice coffee!
Whether it's 90 degrees, or 9 degrees outside, Rhode Islanders love their ice coffee.
12. Don't give a Rhode Islander a black coffee if they order it "regular."
What they really mean is a coffee with cream and sugar.
You definitely don’t want to make the people from Little Rhody mad! For another list on Rhode Island life, click