Many of us Rhode Islanders have already begun to notice the first signs of fall! Costume shops are reopening for the season, autumn leaves begin to decorate our lawns, and pumpkin spice has returned with a bang at just about every coffee shop and bakery. It’s true there’s no denying the early onset of most New Englanders favorite time of year! While you’re planning your seasonal excursions ranging from apple picking to the Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular, you’ll want to figure out creative ways to change up the routine. We put this list together including 10 unique events to get the most out of the season.
1. Misquamicut Fall Fest, Westerly: September 16th, 17th, 18th
What's more unique than a festival on one of the state's most beautiful beaches? Enjoy fun amusement park rides, a classic car show, great food, live entertainment, and so much more over the course of this weekend celebration.
2. Johnston Apple Festival: September 17th-18th
This annual festival brings more than 3,000 people to Johnston Memorial Park and includes music, handcrafted art, and children's activities. Enjoy an apple pie contest, delicious local apples from all over New England, and so many more things apple!
3. Harry Potter Day at Escobar's Highland Farm, Portsmouth: September 17th
Catch a live Quidditch match, visit Professor Snape's Laboratory, and enjoy other fun Harry Potter themed activities between 12:00 - 4:00 pm at Escobar's Farm in Portsmouth. Come dressed as your favorite Harry Potter character to receive $1.00 off admission.
4. Newport Mansions Wine and Food Festival: September 22nd-25th
Enjoy amazing wine and delicious food while enjoying the view of stunning gilded age mansions.
5. Pumpkin Festival at Escobar's Highland Farm, Portsmouth: September 24th
Celebrate the official opening of the pumpkin patch! Fun games, hayrides, face painting and so much more make this a super fun family-friendly event, and don't forget to pick your very own pumpkin before you leave.
6. Good Old Days Festival at Freirchs Farm, Warren: September 25th
Few things say Rhode Island like an autumn clam bake at a beautiful farm. Other fun offerings include a beer tent, great food, and live music!
7. Giant Pumpkin Wigh-Off at Freirchs Farm, Warren: October 8th
Find out who will win the title of biggest pumpkin at this annual event in Warren.
8. Scituate Arts Festival, Scituate: October 8th - October 10th
Enjoy amazing crafts from dozens of local artisans from all over New England. Live entertainment, fun activities, and great food are also fantastic festival features.
9. Blackstone Valley Fall Foliage Train Ride, Woonsocket: October 22nd
This might not be a traditional festival, but it's simply too unique not to mention! Take in the beautiful fall foliage along historic Blackstone Valley during this amazing event departing from Woonsocket.
10. A-mazing Halloween Party at Escobar's Highland Farm, Portsmouth: October 29th
Enjoy an amazing classic and family friendly halloween party at one of Rhode Island's most beautiful farms. Come in costume for $1.00 off admission.
We hope you’ll make it to some of these awesome fall festivals in Rhode Island.