Rhode Island July 25, 2016
15 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Rhode Island
Rhode Islanders are a unique bunch of people in many ways. Not only do they have state landmarks that are giant bugs, one of their favorite food items is plain cold strips of pizza. While this might seem confusing to some, these are just some of the things that help make Rhode Island such an amazingly charismatic place. If you find yourself in hot pursuit (in a loving, dating way) of someone form the nation’s smallest state, there are a few things you should know about dating someone from Rhode Island.
1. Eventually your Rhode Island babe will be overcome with desire to be near the Ocean, or some other large body of water.
2. They'll consider any drive lasting more than 15 minutes a road trip and will probably pack a bag of snacks, "just in case."
3. Someone in their family will have a Rhode Island accent, so just make sure you're prepared.
4. Eventually, your sweetie will need to show you their favorite diner and you'll most likely become regulars.
5. Never offer them mediocre lemonade. Their standards are too high.
6. They will be REALLY picky about restaurants and you'll just have to go with it.
7. Your Rhody love interest will probably have a uniquely amazing sense of humor involving tons of sarcasm.
8. They will one day introduce you to the hot wiener.
9... as well as the clam cake.
10. You'll actually need to get used to every fried seafood dish you can imagine.
11. All other types of seafood, especially involving quahogs, will also become a regular part of your diet.
12. They will definitely want to take you on tons of fall walks to watch the leaves change.
13. Autumn will be a busy time because you'll also need to go apple picking, carve pumpkins, and tons of other amazing annual activities in New England.
14. They are also the perfect person to be around in the winter time and know how to make the best of the season.
15. Whether you like coffee or not, eventually your Ocean State cutie will make you try coffee milk and won't stop until you admit it's the best drink ever.
One thing most people can agree on is that your Rhode Island romance is probably a keeper. For great date ideas check out
these 10 romantic places in Rhode Island to take your special someone.