Rhode Island April 02, 2016
15 Ways Rhode Island Actually Is Cooler And Warmer
The phrase “cooler and warmer” has become a hot topic (no pun intended) for the people of Rhode Island. This new slogan has inspired much heated debate (still no pun intended) concerning local tourism, government officials, and beyond. While we’re not exactly sure what the official meaning is, we thought we’d offer up some cool possibilities! Here are 15 ways Rhode Island is actually cooler and warmer than some might think.
1. Cooler: It makes sense to start this list off with Del's. Perhaps this is what they meant by cooler? Ordering a delicious iced lemonade on a warm day is always satisfying after all.
2. Warmer: The beaches across the state are perfect to visit during the warmer months. Don't worry, this photo might have a European flag, but it was taken in Warwick, not Iceland.
3. Cooler: Could it be the weather? Rhode Islanders have certainly grown accustomed to the snow.
4. Warmer: Rhode Island summers do get pretty humid.
5. Cooler: Watching the leaves change throughout the state is a pretty cool experience.
6. Warmer: Did they mean real fire? Experiencing the Providence River come ablaze during Waterfire with eclectic music and street performers is a one of a kind experience.
7. Cooler: The Big Blue Bug wearing sunglasses might be one of the coolest things I've seen in Rhode Island and beyond.
8. Warmer: Maybe they were talking about the pizza? It's just so easy to find a mouthwatering warm slice of pizza all over the state!
9. Cooler: Cold bakery pizza is just as popular as freshly served hot pizza in Rhode Island.
10. Warmer: The city of Providence is a charming small New England city with a warm and inviting atmosphere... well maybe not during rush hour.
11. Cooler: A nice cold glass of coffee milk is just so very Rhode Island!
12. Warmer: There's a good chance they were talking about the hot wieners. They are a Rhode Island staple after all!
13. Cooler: This small state certainly has a pretty cool music and arts community!
14. Warmer: The warm and welcoming atmosphere of Rhode Island is simply unlike anywhere else. With such beautiful landscapes and kindhearted locals, the nation's smallest state is a truly wonderful place.
15. Cooler: With amazing music festivals, rich history, delicious restaurants, and more, the city of Newport definitely makes the list of cooler Rhode Island things.
It looks like Rhode Island really is cooler and warmer! Can you think of any other Rhody examples?