Pennsylvania is home to plenty of amazing places: towns with some of the best attractions and people on Earth. Here is one town in particular that everyone should visit. See how long it takes you to figure out where I’m talking about…
1. It has the oldest continuously operating bookstore in the entire world.
The Moravian Book Shop has been open since 1745. You can get more than just books here-- it is also a gift shop with a massive Christmas section and a deli.
2. It used to be a center of industry in Pennsylvania.
The steel plant here was once America's second largest steel producer.
3. Billy Joel even wrote a song about it.
Billy Joel's "Allentown" is all about the devastating effects of the steel plant shutting down. Though the song is called "Allentown," it really references this town...
4. Today, though the steel mills are shut down, they remain a vital part of the town culture and infrastructure.
In 2007, a massive complex called the Steel Stacks opened behind the defunct blast furnaces. There you can find live music, festivals, and events throughout the year.
5. The Sands Casino is a huge attraction throughout the region.
The Sands is pretty new - it opened in 2009. The attached hotel, along with the nightlife and dining options, are to die for.
6. This town is famous for their gorgeous Christmas decorations.
This town is also known as "Christmas City," and not only because its name is so similar to a Biblically Christmas-related city. (Okay, I bet you've figured it out by now...)
7. And they throw huge festivals throughout the year.
Thousands of people visit for MusikFest each summer and Celtic Classic in the fall!
8. If you like shopping, Main Street is the place to be.
It is an ideal, walkable shopping district, complete with the cutest coffee shops, restaurants, and of course the Moravian Book Shop.
9. Stay in the Hotel Bethlehem for a visit full of history. (You've definitely figured out what town this is by now.)
Originally built in 1922, Hotel Bethlehem has huge beautiful windows that look out onto Main Street and murals that depict the town's history.
10. If all else fails, check out that amazing view.
Wow... What a view of the surrounding Lehigh Valley. Beautiful!
Bethlehem, of course! Located in the Lehigh Valley, near Allentown and Easton, Bethlehem is one of the best towns in Pennsylvania.
What town would you say is an absolute MUST-VISIT for all Pennsylvanians? Share your thoughts below.