Each state has its own set of weird, outdated, or just plain outrageous laws. Whether they simply be from an older time, or they were instituted due to a weird circumstance (or a joke), it’s always fun to learn what strange activities are illegal where you live. Here are some oddball laws from Pennsylvania… See if you’ve ever broken one of them.
1. It's illegal to discharge a firearm at a wedding in Pennsylvania.
So... does that mean no shotgun weddings?
2. No singing in the bathtub.
The shower is fair game, though.
3. No more than 16 women may live together under one roof.
That's a brothel, according to Pennsylvania law.
4. You may not catch a fish with your hands.
In fact the only part of your body that you're legally allowed to catch a fish with is your mouth. Go figure.
5. In Morrisville, women must not wear makeup without a permit.
ARE YOU LICENSED TO BE WEARING THAT MASCARA?
6. In Ridley Park, don't even think about eating peanuts while walking backwards in front of the Barnstormers Auditorium during a performance.
I know, I know. You're going to have to find new plans for this weekend. Sorry to break the news to you this way.
7. In Pittsburgh, you may not bring your mule or donkey onto a trolley car with you.
These days, Pittsburgh doesn't have that many trolleys... or donkeys. But it's fun to think that there was a time in history when people bringing their donkeys onto trolley cars caused such a problem that the city created a law to stop the behavior. And these days we complain about people talking on their cell phones on the bus.
8. All wine and liquor stores must be run by the state.
Anyone who's attempted to buy a bottle of wine of Sunday can attest to how fun this particular law can be.
9. You may not sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.
Time to break this habit once and for all.
10. In Philadephia, you may not put pretzels in bags.
This guy would be a considered a criminal mastermind in Philly. Steer clear.