Pennsylvania August 21, 2015
The 8 Weirdest Things That Happened In Pennsylvania This Week (August 14-21, 2015)
Some truly strange things have happened in Pennsylvania this week– from a city spending amazing money to get rid of a common pest to a woman swiping an unbelievable amount of merchandise from a lingerie store. Here is our roundup of wacky events.
1. Scranton-area man becomes an arm wrestling champion.
2. Allegheny County spends $12,000 to eradicate single bed bug.
3. Bucks County woman shoplifts 86 bras from local Victoria Secret.
The Victoria Secret in the Oxford Valley Mall is a few bras short after realizing that a customer stole 86 of them, at a value of
The thief has yet to be caught.
4. Black bear crashes through retired Pittsburgh teacher's windshield.
5. Animal Control rescues 122 cats from Pennsylvania residence.
The owners of this Philadelphia home
aspired to open a cat sanctuary
, but things got out of hand before they could get the chance. Most of the rescued felines were kittens and will be made available for adoption after some medical attention.
6. Somerset man goes to trial for setting up a fake DUI checkpoint.
7. Central PA woman drunkenly sets dummy on fire.
8. Silence of the Lambs house goes up for sale.
You've probably seen the 1991 classic, Silence of the Lambs. The house where much of the film's action takes place-- Buffalo Bill's house--
is up for sale for $300,000
. It's located in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, and I'm sorry to inform you that it does not actually have a giant pit in the basement.
Have you witnessed anything bizarre to add to this list? Share in the comments below!