Say you’ve just started dating someone from Pennsylvania. You’re already aware that they’re a special breed (you lucky kid, you)… But what should you know about your new beau specifically? Well, here are the facts, plain and simple, about dating someone from PA.
1. They're going to drag you outside for a hike.
Just accept it. I hope you like being outside.
2. But no worries. No matter how far you travel, they'll never take you far from snack food.
I know that this is a big contributing factor in all of my relationships: Does this person provide me with adequate snack food? Well, never fear. Pennsylvania is one of the biggest manufacturers of snack food on this side of the Mississippi, so a bag of pretzels will never be too far away.
3. And chocolate. They've got Valentine's Day covered.
Hershey's chocolate factory is right here.
4. They're passionate, about many things.
Mostly sports. Hopefully, about you as well. I hope you like sports.
5. They're also resourceful.
You haven't seen true artifice until a Pennsylvanian is faced with the challenge of trying to acquire liquor on a Sunday.
6. Pennsylvanians are smart, or at least go to some pretty good schools.
University of Pennsylvania, Penn State, Villanova, and more. PA has some top colleges.
7. They're always up for an adventure to a new place.
Pennsylvania is within proximity to a bunch of big US destinations, such as New York City, Washington, D.C., and more. When your beau is bored, he or she will simply grab you and take off for an exciting day trip.
8. They'll constantly bring you to surprising places that you didn't even know existed.
Even when they stay put within Pennsylvania, they'll show you all of the cool things that the state has to offer.
9. They can lay claim to some of the funniest comedy in the country.
Always Sunny in Philadelphia... And of course, The Office. Pennsylvanians, they can laugh. Ho ho ho.
10. Just be forewarned that once they take aim at your heart... They're usually right on target.
Don't worry, though. You might as well take a shot.
11. And if it works out, you can look forward to a cookie table at your wedding.
Apparently a Western Pennsylvania tradition.
Anything else you’d add to the list? Share in the comments below.