When people talk about the U.S. as a whole, Oregon isn’t usually one of the first things to come up. However, the astounding scenery, amazing geological features, local food, culture, and friendly residents are just some of the reasons why it’s the most wonderful place in the country. Here are 15 of the many reasons Oregon is an incredible place to live, and why it is the most underrated state.
15. Oregon is home to the deepest lake in the country...
At almost 2,000 ft deep, Crater lake is absolutely incredible.
14. ...as well as the deepest canyon.
That’s right, Hell’s Canyon in Oregon is deeper than the Grand Canyon, and every other canyon in the country.
13. Oregon has amazing local food and farmer's markets.
Taste it for yourself.
12. Oregon also has amazing beer, and a lot of it.
Portland is especailly beer friendly, with more breweries than any other city in the world. Altogether, there are 172 breweries in Oregon.
11. Oregonians are the nicest people you’ll ever meet.
Happy people tend to be nice people. With such a good quality of life, it's no wonder Oregonians are some of the friendliest people around.
10. The Oregon Coast is incredibly beautiful.
For example, check out this gorgeous photo of Cape Kiwanda.
9. And the seafood is out of this world.
8. Portland has the biggest independent bookstore in the world.
You could spend days wandering the aisles at Powell’s City of Books.
7. ...and there's no sales tax!
6. The mountains are incredible.
Skiers, snowboarders, and nature lovers rejoice!
5. Bend is sunny 300 days of the year.
It's perfect for year-round hiking in the amazing landscape surrounding the city.
4. Oregon has its own amazing Wine Country.
The Willamette Valley has more than 19,000 acres of vineyards, and more than 500 wineries.
3. There are unlimited possibilities for unforgettable outdoor adventures.
Hiking, camping, swimming, skiing, boating, mountain climbing, the list goes on...
2. The beaches are public.
Pack a picnic and bring a towel, because all of the beaches in Oregon are free to access public property.
1. It’s absolutely gorgeous.
When it comes down to it, one of the very best things about Oregon is the state's astounding natural beauty.
What do you love most about Oregon? What else makes it underrated? Share your thoughts in the comments.