Beautiful scenery, amazing food, and adventures galore; Oregon is absolutely incredible for so many unique reasons. From natural wonders to charming small towns, here are 15 undeniable reasons Oregon is the best state.
15. There are hundreds of majestic waterfalls to explore.
Oregon has more waterfalls than any other state---and it'd be very difficult to find one that isn't beautiful. Here's a photo of the ethereal Ramona Falls.
14. The coast is out-of-this-world beautiful, AND the beaches are all public.
Here's a photo of the gorgeous Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach.
13. There are trillions of unforgettable adventures to be had.
With a landscape so diverse, there are endless possibilities for adventure. Here's a photo of hikers atop Pilot Rock.
12. So. Much. Amazing. Food.
Oregon is full of world-class restaurants and food carts. Here's a photo of the famous Le Pigeon burger.
11. Charming small towns.
Here's a photo of Cottage Grove, Oregon's "Covered Bridge Capital".
10. Oregon has tons of delicious local beer.
Portland has more breweries than any other city.
9. There are many amazing places to ski or snowboard.
Plus, the mountains are absolutely stunning.
8. Crater Lake is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Period.
Located in the crater of a dead volcano, Crater Lake has brilliantly blue, pure water. It's the deepest lake in the country, and it's absolutely magical.
7. The deserts are absolutely otherworldly.
Here's a close-up of the gorgeous Painted Hills.
6. The forests are ancient and beautiful.
You'll find rivers, creeks, mossy glades, and the greenest greenery you'll ever see.
5. Portland is home to the biggest independent bookstore in the world.
Powells City of Books is truly a city of books---and it's amazing.
4. Oregon is full of natural wonders, like the mind-blowing Thor's Well at Cape Perpetua.
....as well as many other awe-inspiring natural wonders.
3. There's an awesome coffee scene.
From Sisters Coffee Roasters to Stumptown, there are tons of great cafes and coffee roasters in Oregon.
2. The peaceful countryside.
Oregon is full of amazing backroads winding through rolling hills and bucolic farmland. Here's a photo of the delightful Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm.
1. Oregon is distinctly beautiful in every season.
Gorgeous autumn foliage, lovely winter landscapes, vibrant spring flowers and warm, dreamy summers.
What’s your favorite thing about Oregon? Share your thoughts and stories in the comments.