1. We make a big deal out of the world's largest peanut.
Or so we thought it was. Oklahomans still falsely think it is the largest, but Georgia has one that towers over ours. However, this title and monument still sits in Durant and is a popular roadside attraction.
2. Schedule important events around college football.
It's an unspoken rule that football fans in Oklahoma know.
3. We judge people based on whether they are an OU or OSU fan.
We all know this happens. If you're a crimson and cream wearing Okie, you cringe when you see orange walk in a room and vice versa.
4. We eat deep fried bull testicles thinking they are a delicacy.
Since cattle ranching is prevalent and castration of young animals is common, Oklahomans just eat away at this common appetizer dish - also known as calf fries.
5. We give directions based on where all the QT's are along the way.
And our driving directions are given in minutes not miles.
6. We declared the watermelon as our state vegetable.
Who was the genius responsible for this?
7. We call ALL soda Coke.
With the exception of the the far east side of the state, the conversation usually goes like this, "Can I get you a Coke?" "Yes, I'll take a Sprite."
8. We believe everything is better deep fried.
Because it is.
9. We buy excessive amounts of bug spray as if we lived in the Amazon.
Mosquites - Oklahoman's worst enemy (after the Texas Longhorns).
10. We run outside instead of inside when we hear tornado sirens.
We know we're not supposed to, but we all do it.
11. We get really excited when we see fellow Oklahomans on T.V. or in movies.
From Blake Shelton to Brad Pitt to Phil McGraw, Oklahoma is the birthplace of many Hollywood A-listers.
12. We laugh about being from Oklahoma.
But don't worry, we're not ashamed. We do it to keep people out of our beautiful state. It might not be perfect, but it's home sweet home!