Oklahoma July 05, 2015
Here Are 13 Things You Can Only Find In Oklahoma
You’ll find some cool and quirky things around the state that can only be claimed by Oklahoma. From the world’s largest peanut to the center of the universe, the Sooner state has some unique landmarks. Please hold the applause…or laughing until the end.
1. The World's Largest Peanut can be found in Durant, OK.
2. Oklahoma City National Memorial is a memorial site for all the victims affected by the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.
3. Find the world's largest concrete totem pole in Foyil, OK. It stands at 60 feet tall and 30 feet around.
4. Preserving the history and culture of the American west, The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum sits in Oklahoma City.
5. The largest praying hands in the world can be found on the campus of Oral Roberts University in Tulsa. They are 60 ft. tall and are quite unique.
6. You can only find a Meer's burger in Meers, OK...near Lawton.
7. Okmulgee used to hold a Pecan festival every year until 2009 and would serve up the world's largest pecan pie. The pie weighed 35,000 lbs. and was over 40 feet in diameter.
8. The center of the universe can only be found in downtown Tulsa. If you stand on the center, only the person standing on that spot can hear an echo.
9. The World Cow Chip Throwing Championship can be found in Beaver, OK.
10. Oklahoma is home to the highest hill in the world. Mount Cavanal is just west of Poteau and is 1,999 ft. tall.
11. Find the world's only Main Street oil well in Barnsdall. It is quite amusing how it just sits in the middle of the road.
12. Pops in Arcadia is a Route 66 landmark and has the world's largest soda pop bottle. At night it lights up with vibrant LED lights.
13. The world's largest deposit of alabaster is at Alabaster Caverns near Freedom, OK.
Have you visited any of these places in Oklahoma? What did you enjoy about them?