Oklahoma February 15, 2016
22 Surefire Signs That You Definitely Belong In Oklahoma
If you know what Bedlam is, wave at your county sheriff or wear cowboy boots, you definitely belong in Oklahoma. If you can relate to at least half of these 22 surefire signs, then count yourself a true Okie (maybe even from Muskogee).
1. You wave to the county sheriff.
2. You've been off-roading...many times.
3. You can tell when it's tornado weather.
4. And you look like this waiting for it.
5. You know everything goes better with ranch.
6. You know how to line dance.
7. You say y'all many times throughout the day.
8. You're not a sissy when it comes to wind.
9. Or mosquitoes. (Pictured below is NOT an Okie.)
10. You learned how to shoot a gun before you were allowed to stay home alone.
11. You're the only one in a room (of out-of-towners) who knows what a chigger is.
12. You know the difference between sweet corn and field corn...while it's still on the stalk.
13.You say, "I'm going into town to the store" even though you live in town.
14. You stop to let a family of deer cross the road, while your significant other is drooling at the thought of deer season.
15. When people say "hop in the truck," this is what you do.
16. You save up for your favorite vacation, but end up spending it on going to the OU/Texas football game instead.
17. You think cowboy boots are so versatile, you'll even exercise in them.
18. You (or granny) call this a "crick."
19. You never have to wonder if you're a Cowboy or a Sooner. You have been told your identity since birth.
20. Which also means you know what BEDLAM is.
21. The sound of a pool in summer is music to your ears...no matter what size.
22. You actually get these jokes and pass them along to your friends from Oklahoma.
What are some more surefire signs you belong in Oklahoma? Share your thoughts with us!