While the Sooner state has many charming and positive attributes, there are some things you should be warned about. Many are from Mother Nature but others can and should be avoided. Here are the biggest risks you need to be aware of while living in Oklahoma:
1. Deer can cause accidents or damage to you and your vehicle.
Be aware of them at all times. They pop out when you least expect it.
2. Falling debris from earthquakes could injure you.
Yes, we do have to add these to our lists now. Whether man-made or natural, these could get bigger and more dangerous.
3. Blood-sucking ticks could give you diseases.
These burrowing bugs can be a danger not only for Lyme disease but many other diseases, as well.
4. Terrifying tornadoes could throw you all the way to Kansas.
One of the biggest, and scariest, dangers of living in our state.
5. Flood waters could drown you.
We have recently seen the dangers of flooding in Oklahoma. Many lives have been lost because people haven't kept their distance. Keep your vehicles away!
6. Going stir-crazy might get the best of you.
Sometimes living in the middle of the country can make you feel landlocked and create a feeling of craziness. If possible, get out of Oklahoma or take a visit to one of our beautiful lakes and pretend you are on the coast.
7. Overdose of fried food could make your heart fail.
Oklahoma has a high obesity rate, so limit the fried food. Get on a more fresh-foods diet and exercise daily.
8. Brutal allergies can make you miserable.
The allergens in Oklahoma will come at you in all seasons. If you are an allergy sufferer, get the medicine ready.
9. Poisonous snakes can attack you.
Unfortunately, we do have poisonous snakes that can and will bite if they feel threatened. There are usually between 100-200 snake bites a year in Oklahoma.
10. Your frizzy hair from humidity will get the best of you.
Your hair will not be normal during summer...just be prepared and let your frustration out.