Ohioans are pretty laid back people, but there are a few things we just don’t tolerate. From diehard sports rivalries (that we will, in all seriousness, NEVER let go of) to annoying, stereotypical questions that don’t even deserve an answer, here are 13 sure-fire ways to make an Ohioan mad:
1. Call us a "fly-over state."
All you're really doing is proving your ignorance and general unawareness of the world around you to us.
2. Stereotype us based on where we live in Ohio
FYI, "corn" is not a stereotype. It's a crop. (Note the misspelling of "hillbillies.")
3. Insist that we have an accent.
Nope. Sorry. You're severely mistaken.
4. Claim your love for Michigan.
Get out of our state while you still can. NOW.
5. Assume we grew up on a farm, in a corn field or tried cow tipping.
(Because, you know, cities in Ohio don't exist or anything. That perfectly explains our population density.)
6. Ask us why we use the word "pop."
YOU KNOW WHAT WE MEAN STOP ACTING LIKE WE’RE ALIENS.
7. Tell us our state isn't pretty or scenic.
You are (clearly) looking in all the wrong places.
8. Think there's nothing important or significant here.
UH ARE YOU KIDDING. We're home to the Roller Coaster Capital of the World, the National Air Force Museum, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Pro Football Hall of Fame...I could go on and on. But I won't. (Because your lack of comprehension isn't worth it. )
9. Claim that we're "boring."
^^^ See above. ^^^
10. Complain about the amount of street construction we have.
The only reason this one enrages us is because we're already enraged about it ourselves...so you're really just getting us even more fired up and frustrated than we already are.
11. Tell us we're drama queens when it comes to Ohio weather.
Spend a winter here and then get back to us.
12. Think that we contribute nothing to the rest of the nation. (Or world.)
I mean, we only took a giant leap for mankind. No big deal.
13. Make fun of us in any way, shape or form.
Only Ohioans are allowed to make fun of Ohio. GOT IT?