It’s not really that hard to spot a tourist in Ohio.
They’re probably the sad folks walking around without a sweater or a coat an hour after some unexpected snow has started to fall. They’re probably the over-excited Facebook user posting about their visit to Cedar Point. And they probably have no idea just how much they look like a tourist. Here are 12 surefire ways to always spot a tourist in Ohio.
1. They came here solely for Cedar Point.
In a way, you can’t blame them. It’s an awesome place…but it’s not the only reason to visit Ohio.
2. They aren’t wearing Buckeye apparel on game day.
There are two possibilities here. 1) You’re a tourist. 2) You’re an alien.
3. If they’re visiting the southern portion of Ohio, their itinerary consists of a visit to Hocking Hills...
(We don't blame you, though.)
4. ...and if they’re visiting northern Ohio, you can bet money that their itinerary consists of a visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
(Again, we don't really blame you, though.)
5. When you tell them Ohio has an island scene, they look at you dazed and confused.
Come on. You’ve heard of Put-in-Bay before...and, yes. That’s HERE.
6. They’re constantly asking people what there is to do in Ohio.
Maybe you’re bored because YOU’RE boring. Ever thought of that?
7. They marvel at the concept of Skyline Chili.
It’s not Stonehenge, guys. It’s chili on top of spaghetti.
8. They take selfies in front of signs you take for granted every day.
That’s right, you SHOULD be proud to be here right now.
9. They’re not prepared for unexpected weather.
Listen. A mid-March blizzard isn’t really that abnormal and if you had just dressed in layers you wouldn’t be so miserable right now.
10. They ask how many miles away something is.
Are you serious? I’m not Google Maps. I’m a person and it’s about 30 minutes from Cleveland. You do the math.
11. They can’t even remotely pronounce the name of your hometown.
Nice try. Sort of.
12. They comment on your "accent."
UH, isn’t it about time you went back to your home state?
What other ways can you always spot a tourist in Ohio? Let us know what you think!