Ohio April 16, 2015
You Have To See What’s For Sale In These 10 Unique Ohio Stores
While it’s convenient to shop a store that has a little bit of everything, going to a store that specializes in one type of thing will always give you the biggest variety. From vintage toys to hats galore, the following shops in Ohio are what we believe are the most unique stores in the state.
1) The Toys Time Forgot Toy Store in Canal Fulton is where you can find anything from past Happy Meal toy series to vintage Barbie dolls.
2) At Everything Rubbermaid in Wooster you can find everything, well, Rubbermaid.
3) The Backpackers Shop in in Sheffield has anything you could ever need for a hiking trip—or just anything you could possible think of to put in a backpack.
4) One of the world's largest candy stores, b. a. Sweetie Candy Company, can (thankfully, wonderfully and beautifully) be found in Cleveland.
5) All things Christmas abound at the Candy Cane Christmas Shoppe in Archbold, Ohio's largest year-round Christmas store.
6) Lehman's Hardware in Kidron specializes in antique style appliances, retro home furnishings, non-electric kitchenware, old-time toys and a lot more items to take you back to yesteryear.
7) Think of any food item in the world and you'll probably be able to find it at Jungle Jim's International Market in Cincinnati. (If you can't, you're not looking hard enough.)
8) Grandpa's Pottery in Wilmington features hand thrown pottery that you can usually observe being made while you shop.
9) A visit to the Velvet Ice Cream Company and Ye Old Mill in Utica not only offers smooth, freshly made ice cream, but also an inside look into the production of it.
10) "What A Great Hat!" is what people will be saying after you leave this strategically named store in Akron with a homemade truly one of a kind hat.
What other unique stores does Ohio hold?