Ohio April 26, 2015
10 Times The Entire Country Was Looking At Ohio
Ohio can make your head turn. From national sports achievements to flaming rivers, there were several moments throughout history when Ohio had all of America’s attention—and we’re probably just getting started.
1) When man walked on the moon.
2) Anytime we win the NCAA National Championship.
3) When we adopted a state flag that wash't in the shape of a square like everyone else's.
4) Anytime there's a presidential election and we're anticipating a close call.
5) When Cleveland was the first city to be lit up with electricity.
6) When the Bosnian Peace Agreement was signed at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
7) When the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame opened up in Cleveland and the world finally had somewhere to preserve an awesome, musical piece of history.
8) When the Cuyahoga River caught fire and we all realized that we really needed to crack down on pollution because it's just not normal for rivers to burst into flames.
9) When electric faults in Cleveland caused power outages for more than 50 million people, resulting in the Northeast blackout of 2003.
10) When three Ohio pension funds filed class action lawsuit against American International Group for fraud, which resulted in a $725 million fine.
What else happened in Ohio that incited national attention?