Ohio June 11, 2015
Here Are 12 Things You Better Have If You Want To Survive In Ohio
Whether you’re just visiting for a short time or you’re looking to move here this summer, there are a few things you should come equipped with before you enter “the heart of it all.” Consider the following a condensed version of the Ohio survival guide:
1) Something scarlet and gray, even if it's not official Ohio State Buckeyes attire. (It will serve you well here, my friend, and you will experience an effortless acceptance as one of our own.)
2) Skill to drive through even the most confusing of street construction obstacle courses.
3)...and the skill to dodge deer like a ninja.
5) A change of clothes, a light sweater, an umbrella, a change of shoes and basically your entire closet because our weather has never made up its mind as to what season we're actually in at any given time.
6) Anti-frizz hair products because humidity is kind to no man. (Or woman. You get the point.)
7) A sense of adventure because our state parks will make you feel as if you've stepped foot into a Lord of the Rings film, so you consequently better be ready for orcs and all that stuff. (I mean, just in case.)
8)...and with that some insect repellent because mosquitos are relentless. (More so than the orcs, I would argue.)
9) Patience to tolerate our certifiably insane drivers.
10) A thorough understanding of the vital differences between Ohio University and the Ohio State University.
11) Also, the knowledge that the mention of "Athens," "Oxford" and "Miami" usually isn't referring to Florida or European destinations.
12) A sense of humor because it gets us through the craziness that is Ohio.
You’re welcome. (Here in Ohio, we really do care for our outsiders.)