Ohio March 11, 2015
20 Undeniable Reasons Why Everyone Should Love Ohio
More than cornfields, football and the drastic weather changes people often joke about, Ohio serves as an all encompassing state when it comes to things to do, see and taste—a state that locals can be proud to call home.
1) Rural scenery: Ohio farms and country lands are seriously underrated. I don’t care how many people have said it. Believe them.
2) Nature parks: There are numerous, impressive nature getaways in Ohio to give you the adventure or serenity you’re in need of.
3) Four Seasons: We experience a symphony of seasons here—occasionally all in the very same week.
4) Autumn: This is not repetitive. This is a necessary recognition.
5) Locally produced food: The undeniable plus of being an agricultural state in this day and age is that a farmer’s market is usually close by and ice cream can be made with REAL milk and your food can actually taste and be FRESH.
6) Roller coasters: Does this really need an explanation?
7) Lake Erie: We know it’s not a beach. We know it’s not an ocean. But we do know it’s beautiful and a way to truly seize the day. Or weekend.
8) Speaking of eerie…Ohio has a rich history of all things creepy, ghostly and paranormal.
9) Buckeyes: Here in Ohio they come in all sorts of forms and sizes… football players, mascots, fans, trees and those heavenly melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter chocolate snacks no one should have to live without.
10) Art: Fine art. Street art. Historical art—you’ll find it in Ohio.
11) Swing state status: We can keep you on the edge of your seat during presidential elections.
12) Aviation: Ever heard of the Wright brothers, North Carolina?
13) We house the “Christmas Story” house.
14) Also, castles.
15) Wendy’s: No one would know what the French fry, frosty combo has to offer if it wasn’t for Columbus.
16) The Birthplace of Rock N’ Roll.
17) Put-in-Bay: Ohio has island life too.
18) Burgers: Whether it’s from Wendy’s, Frich’s Big Boy, Sumburger—or you’re ambitious enough for the Thurmanator— it’s fair enough to say that Ohio is serious about burgers, all kinds of burgers.
19) Ohioans are good sports: Often, you’ll catch an Ohioan making fun of their hometown or state, all in good humor. Ohio is a place where the people know that loving their state means embracing their state, flaws and all.
20) They call us “the heart of it all.” Come on, that’s pretty big.
Of course, you’re free to decide for yourself which state is the absolute best. But here in Ohio we are who we are, America, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.