Contrary to what you might think, Ohio is FULL of gems (some secret and some not so secret) that showcase the state’s true colors. Ohio is an unexpectedly beautiful state–and these photos prove just how breathtaking it can be. Here are 16 stunning photos that will remind you why Ohio is the best state:
1. Our rural scenery will warm your heart...
(Picture taken just outside of Marietta/ Lowell.)
2. ...with one rolling hill at a time.
(Pictured: Monroe County farmland)
3. Our cities are simply stunning...
(Pictured: Downtown Columbus)
4. ...and their skylines will romance you.
(Pictured: Cincinnati and the John Roebling Suspension Bridge)
5. Our castles (yes, castles) will pleasantly surprise you...
(Pictured: The Loveland Castle)
6. ...and bring out the fairytale heart buried deep inside you.
(Pictured: Squire's Castle)
7. Our lakes will give you the serenity you seek...
(Pictured: Marblehead Lighthouse and Lake Erie)
8. ...and our rivers will provide a peaceful escape.
(Pictured: Confluence of the Ohio and Muskingum rivers in Marietta)
9. Our waterfalls are somewhat hidden...
(Pictured: Cedar Falls at Hocking Hills State Park)
10. ...and once you uncover one, you'll want to chase them all over the state.
(Pictured: Brandywine Falls at Cuyahoga Valley National Park)
11. Our caves will bring out your sense of adventure...
(Pictured: Old Man's Cave at Hocking Hills State Park)
12. ...and our caverns will make a regular explorer out of you.
(Pictured: The Ohio Caverns)
13. Our fall foliage will captivate you...
(Pictured: Eleanor Garfield Park)
14. ...and our spring gardens will enchant you.
(Pictured: Toledo Botanical Garden)
15. Our sunrises will inspire you to seize the day...
(Picture taken in Piketon,)
16. ...and our sunsets will make you feel right at home.
(Pictured: Lorain Lighthouse and Lake Erie)
Do you have any stunning photos of Ohio? Share them with us in the comments below!