Growing up in Ohio came with its own unique sort of perks and challenges as a kid. (We really can’t expect everyone to understand.) The following are 13 thoughts that we think nearly everyone has when growing up in Ohio.
1) Anytime you rode your bike past the stop sign/house/street you were instructed not to go past:
“Mom will never even know!”
2) After you were finally tall enough to ride "The Beast" at Kings Island:
“That was REALLY bumpy. Why does everyone think it's so awesome?"
3) Whenever school was cancelled because of snow:
“Today’s the day I’m going to build the biggest snowman known to man…”
“…and sled down the biggest hill in town.”
5) That time your family tried to convince you to eat at Skyline:
"Chili on spaghetti?! Are you crazy?! I’m not eating that...I don’t care how good you say it is.”
6) And in spite of your protests you were forced to eat there anyway—but when the cheese coney you ordered came out the amount of cheese on it blew your mind:
"I'm never allowed to put this much cheese on my food at home! This. Is. AWESOME."
7) Lake Erie functioned as the ocean for you:
"I can't wait until we come back to the beach again!"
8) When you ate at Frisch’s Big Boy:
“If I eat enough of my food, I know I can talk them into getting me a hot fudge cake.”
9) And then when you went up to the register with your parents after eating:
“Blue? Or purple? No, green! I can probably take more than one…They won’t notice…”
10) Anytime your parents said you were “going to town” and told you to get in the car and you knew it meant you would be gone all day:
“I can’t WAIT until I’m old enough to stay home alone!”
11) Whenever your parents said they had to stop at Hills for a few things:
"Popcorn! I’m getting popcorn this time!”
12) The times you went to the Circleville Pumpkin Show:
“Pumpkin burgers sound gross. I just want a corn dog.”
13) When you were on your way home from vacationing in another state:
"Are we there yet?"
Did any of these sound familiar to you? What other common thoughts did you have growing up in Ohio?