North Dakota July 09, 2016
9 Reasons Why People From North Dakota Are Unbelievably Tough
North Dakotans generally have a lot of qualities that come from just being in North Dakota. Some people in other places might have some stereotypes in mind about how they are, and not all of them positive, but the truth is that most are incredibly tough and strong-willed behind the kind exteriors. North Dakota Nice might be one of their slogans, and a true one, but when they need to be, they can step up to almost any challenge, and here are nine reasons why:
1. Most North Dakotans are very hard workers, bringing the rest of the nation its food, multiple sources of energy, and plenty of other things, day after day. We didn't get the nickname "the breadbasket of the nation" for no reason!
2. We have to deal with some unpredictable weather, like the harsh winters that can go from whiteout blizzards to cloudless days with temps well below zero.
3. Winter cold is followed by flooding in the spring, when tons of tough North Dakotans help each other out by assembling sandbags and bracing for the rising waters.
4. The summers are no picnic, either. You get nice, mild days after crazy storms that can often spawn tornados, and those storms are usually proceeded by heat and humidity.
5. Not to mention the bugs during the warm months, too. Mosquitoes and deer ticks galore!
6. Despite the different types of weather, we make light of it by having fun.
7. It's hard not to brag about our amazing college sports teams all the time, but we toughen up and manage...
...for the most part.
8. We deal with all kinds of wildlife waltzing right through our backyards, too. And I'm talking more than just squirrels and finches.
9. North Dakotans will pretty much always abide to North Dakota Nice. If someone needs a helping hand, we'll toughen up and lend it no matter what.
What are some other reasons why North Dakotans are tough? A lot of North Dakotans are small town born and raised and they get a lot of their characteristics and learn from that, which is
why small town North Dakota can be the best place to grow up. Let’s hear some North Dakota pride!