North Dakota March 01, 2016
15 Undeniable Reasons Why Everyone Should Love North Dakota
North Dakota is many things but as for widely popular, maybe not quite. It isn’t the most remembered or visited state (in fact, it’s the least visited) but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be loved. There are many reasons the Peace Garden state is and should be loved for – here are just a few out of many:
1. North Dakota has almost 70,700 square miles of space, most of which is beautiful countryside and farmland.
2. All of this wide-open space and low light pollution creates the perfect place to stargaze.
3. Like most of the midwest, North Dakota is known for its harsh, cold winters, but North Dakotans embrace this chill for some awesome winter activities like snowmobiling and ice fishing.
4. North Dakota seems to love things larger-than-life, giving us some fun and interesting attractions like the world's largest buffalo, giant sculptures of the Enchanted Highway, and the world's largest Holstein cow, Salem Sue, in New Salem, ND.
5. We have one of the few rivers in North America that actually flow north - aptly named the Red River of the North, which separates us from Minnesota.
6. North Dakota is very agriculturally focused and provides crops for millions of people and purposes - and we're proud of it!
7. It also gives us this beautiful patchwork landscape in a lot of the state.
8. Not to mention sights like a lush wheat field or bright and pretty sunflower fields, both of which North Dakota is top producers of in the country.
9. North Dakota has many amazing historical sites and attractions that give you a blast from the past and preserve our state's history, like Bonanzaville in West Fargo.
10. Hunting and fishing are huge here - people from all over the place travel to the state to experience what we have to offer, and we love it, too!
11. North Dakota has a place for any lifestyle - like busy cities....
12. ....And secluded, wide open countrysides.
13. Not to mention some of the most beautiful state parks to ever exist.
14. We also have the most wildlife refuges out of all the other states in the country!
15. It's the perfect state to live in if you want to avoid cramped spaces - there's room to just breathe, relax, and enjoy!
Feel free to share reasons why you love North Dakota!