North Dakota May 14, 2016
10 Fascinating Spots In North Dakota That Are Straight Out Of A Fairy Tale
North Dakota is full of hidden spots that are simply enchanting, whether it be through the nature and scenery, or some awesome architecture. These 10 places in particular almost feel like they are straight out of classic fairy tales that everyone has heard.
1. This lone cottage on a hill is called the Hurdsfield Roundhouse and originally was used for prospective settlers and railroad companies to stay at and survey the land.
2. A chilly shot at Lake Sakakawea, remind anyone of the opening to the movie
3. Sculptures on the Enchanted Highway will make you feel like you tried out a mysterious potion labeled "Drink Me."
4. This building in Bathgate, ND looks like it could be the entrance courtyard to a magical place.
5. Now this is definitely a fairy tale castle. The Enchanted Castle in Regent, ND is actually a hotel and is full of equally medieval interiors.
6. The only waterfall in North Dakota, located in the Sheyenne State Forest, is beautiful. You never know, it could be a fountain of youth.
7. The lush flower beds at the International Peace Garden make up one of the most vividly colorful places in the state.
8. Up in the Killdeer Mountains is the Medicine Hole, which is one of North Dakota's only caves. It holds its own legends and tales.
9. The Little Missouri River snakes its way through southwestern North Dakota, and I wouldn't be surprised if I came across a mythical creature stopping for a drink on its banks.
10. The breathtaking Pembina Gorge may just have a normal forest, but it could also be an enchanted forest...
What other places in North Dakota remind you of fairy tales?