North Dakota June 19, 2015
14 Things That Come To Everyone’s Mind When They Think Of North Dakota
When you think of North Dakota, what comes to mind? I’m sure whatever you’re thinking, many others are thinking the exact same thing. Here are 14 things that come to everyone’s mind when they think of North Dakota.
1. OIL BOOM: The North Dakota oil boom has provided many U.S. jobs. This is the main reason why North Dakota has such a low unemployment rate.
2. FARGO: This is the city that comes to most people's mind when they think of North Dakota because even though it's not the capital city, it's the largest city.
3. HONEY: North Dakota produces more honey than any other state.
4. CATTLE: Plenty of cattle are raised in North Dakota.
5. FARMLAND: Farms and ranches make up most of North Dakota's land area.
6. SUNFLOWERS: North Dakota grows the most sunflowers in the U.S.
7. WHITE CLOUD: A rare albino bison, White Cloud, can be seen at the National Buffalo Museum in Jamestown, North Dakota.
8. CHURCHES: North Dakota has the highest number of churches per capita in the U.S.
9. LEWIS & CLARK: While on their expedition, Lewis and Clark spent more time in North Dakota than in any other state.
10. LONG, HARSH WINTERS: North Dakota has some of the coldest winters in the U.S.
11. SHORT, HOT SUMMERS: It's a shame summer doesn't last as long in North Dakota as it does in other states.
12. INTERNATIONAL PEACE GARDEN: Beautiful! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
13. THEODORE ROOSEVELT NATIONAL PARK: The badlands in this national park are AMAZING!!!
14. SALEM SUE: How can you not think of the world's largest Holstein cow when you think of North Dakota? Salem Sue is 38ft tall, 50ft long, and she weighs 6 tons. Salem Sue is located in New Salem, North Dakota - near Interstate 94.
What comes to mind when you think of North Dakota? Let me know in the comments below!